the Dance Scene
School of Ballroom & Latin Dance
Dance Scene has been serving Metro Detroit area for over 40 years…
Donna Summers, The Bee Gees, and white-suited Travolta in “Saturday Night Fever”… It was the 70s, when Disco reached a fever pitch and The Dance Scene was born. Dancers flocked to the studio tucked behind the Shopper’s Mall at I696 and Van Dyke to show their moves and strut their style. Bart Ferko accommodated lively groups at the studio he opened in October 1976.
Today, the dance studio is still swinging to the music … and Disco is not the only dance in town. Ballroom, Latin, Swing, and a myriad of dance styles in between, are favorites today.
Some of the benefits from Ballroom and Latin dancing:
- Increase confidence and style at social events;
- Burn calories and tone muscles;
- Improve posture, balance and coordination;
- Learn a wonderful skill of social dancing;
- Eliminate stress;
- Have LOADS OF FUN
- Perfect activity for couples or singles!